About the Customer
Telefónica, S.A. is a Spanish multinational broadband and telecommunications provider with operations in Europe, Asia, and North, Central, and South America. Telefónica is a company sensitive to the new challenges demanded by today's society. That is why we offer the means to facilitate communication between people, providing them with the safest and most advanced technology so that they can live better and achieve what they propose.
An innovative spirit, attentive and with immense technological potential that multiplies the ability to choose from its more than 346 million customers. Telefónica operates in 17 countries and has a presence in 24 with an average of 127,000 employees.
Scope and Challenges
Telecoms giant Telefonica Started its HR transformation with SAP SuccessFactors HCM. The project kicked off in October 2014 with a 24-month technical roadmap and the final parts of the business implementation are due to be largely completed by early 2017. It will replace over 175 separate HR systems, all locally designed and locally managed. With this implementation, Telefonica cuts HR running costs by 40% as it replaces hundreds of aging IT systems.
The company evaluated a range of software and service providers before choosing SAP’s SuccessFactors technology. The company already used technology from SAP to run its finance and logistics systems, and that was an influencing factor – though not decisive – in its choice of SuccessFactors.Telefónica deployed HR modules, including performance and recruitment, while rolling out SuccessFactors’ core HR technology as a parallel project. Performance management was the first to go live after 100 days. The company rolled out the core HR technology, Employee Central, country by country.
One of the world’s largest telecommunications companies, connecting people is at the heart of everything Telefónica S.A. does. As part of its drive to equip employees with the digital tools they need, Telefónica deployed SAP® SuccessFactors® solutions – marking a cultural shift to digital tools for greater accessibility, flexibility, and transparency.
• Replace more than 175 legacy HR platforms across 170 employing entities and 21 countries with one system and one source of data
• Enable data-driven decisions and promote continuous improvement
• Provide mobile access to shared- and self-service tools to lower costs and make work easier
Outcome and Implications
Telefónica plans to complete the implementation of Employee Central in Brazil, its largest operating area, in May 2018, the UK in October, and Spain in the first quarter of 2019. Telefónica also has plans to introduce SAP Hana, an in-memory database that can analyze large quantities of data.
Cloud-based solutions used by millions that enable near-limitless scalability to support growth:
• Flexible, intuitive, and user-friendly digital tools that give employees control over how they work and encourage collaboration and engagement
• Standardized processes and centralized data that optimize HR workflows and capabilities
• Contributed to 41% HR cost reductions over four years
• Provided one source of truth for employee data
• Strategically shifted to shared services and centers of HR excellence
• Unified HR processes on one digital platform to improve accessibility and provide a common employee experience
“SAP SuccessFactors solutions underpin our digital transformation of HR. The technology has brought all core employee data into one place and acted as a platform to enable further benefits.” said Catherine Leaver, Global HR Transformation Director, Telefónica S.A.
“As part of the wider digitalization and transformation of HR, we chose SAP SuccessFactors solutions as the core technology,
which also underpins our shared-services initiative.” said Catherine Leaver, Global HR Transformation Director, Telefónica S.A.
|Category||SubCategory||Vendor||Old Product||New Product||Function||Market||Users||VAR/SI||When||Live|
|First Name||Last Name||Title||Company||Phone|