Degreed Strengths, Domain Expertise, and Key Differentiators
• A Comprehensive Learning Ecosystem - Degreed allows you to leverage the entire learning ecosystem from one unified access point. Degreed provides access to the world’s largest ecosystem of professional learning resources, with 250,000 online courses from top content providers, and 3 million informal learning activities from more than 1,400 sources. The Degreed content library can be combined with an organization’s proprietary content and courses to create custom pathways. Pathways are learning curriculums, curated from any source(s) of content. • Social Learning - Degreed provides the largest social network for learning where consumers and enterprise users can connect. Learners can follow experts from any organization. Lifelong ownership of the profile means the social connections and learning collection can follow users wherever they go, even if they choose to leave the organization that originally sponsored their account. • Personalized Learning - Degreed is the market leader in learning content personalization. The Degreed experience is personalized and unique for each user. Personalized recommendations are refreshed daily, search results are personalized for each user, and the browse experience in the library is designed to display default options for the user based on their role and interests. • FlexED by Degreed is the first flexible spending account for learning. With FlexEd, employees have a flexible spending account for self-directed learning that can be used to pay for learning content and experiences (e.g. seminars and live courses). • Reporting and Analytics - Degreed provides the most comprehensive reporting and analytics for all learning within an organization: formal and informal, classroom and online, mandatory and “just because”. This gives the organization real-time insights into all learning that is happening. • Gamification – Degreed’s Point System normalizes and summarizes an individual's full educational history, including any content, from any source, in any format. The scoring system was informed by expert Larry Rosenberger, the former CEO of FICO and the man behind the science of the FICO credit score, and David Wiley PhD, a global leader in instructional design and open education.
Degreed Recent Developments
In 2018, Degreed enhanced its lifelong learning platform with the launch of Skill Review, a lightweight tool that uses machine learning to quickly, yet reliably measure a person’s mastery of any skill in 30 minutes or less. This, along with the company’s easy-to-use Skill Ratings and robust, proprietary Skill Certification technology, gives Degreed the most complete set of solutions for quantifying people’s skill sets. Seamlessly embedded in Degreed’s learning experience, Skill Review combines an adaptive, online assessment, advanced data science, and a standardized, 8-level rubric grounded in research by Lumina Foundation to rate people’s expertise in nearly 1,500 technical, functional or interpersonal (“soft”) skills. In August 2017, Degreed launched Degreed Skill Certification, a new solution that scores applicants’ existing skills across a wide spectrum of categories. In doing so, Degreed has created a new, standardized way for people and employers to measure and communicate career-relevant skills.
Degreed Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Activities
In June 2018, Degreed acquired Pathgather, a company that offers a similar platform. The merger comes after Degreed raised $42 million and named a new CEO in March. Degreed plans to combine technologies from both companies and create a single platform.
Degreed Customers in ARTW Customer Database
Leveraging a rigorous data-centric research methodology, APPS RUN THE WORLD ask the simple question: Who’s buying Degreed applications and why? And we provide the answers – supported by decades of research – to our clients around the world. Our Customer database has over 100 data fields that detail company usage of Degreed and other enterprise apps by function, customer size, industry, location, implementation status, partner involvement, Line of Business Key Stakeholders and IT decision makers contact details. List of Verified Degreed, customers.
Ownership: - x
Number of Employees: 250
Functional Markets: Human Capital Management,
Key Verticals: Automotive, Banking and Financial Services, Communication, Construction and Real Estate, Consumer Packaged Goods, Education, Government, Healthcare, Insurance, Leisure and Hospitality, Manufacturing, Media, Non Profit, Professional Services, Retail,
Degreed Key Enterprise and Cloud Applications
Degreed Revenues, $M:
|Type/Year||2017||2018||YoY Growth, %|
|Total Revenues, $M||Subscribe||Subscribe||Subscribe|
|Enterprise Applications Revenues, $M||Subscribe||Subscribe||Subscribe|
|Cloud Applications Revenues, $M||Subscribe||Subscribe||Subscribe|
* Enterprise Applications Revenues = License + Support & Maintenance + SaaS
** All revenue figures are estimates based on public records, Cloud and Non-Cloud business models in Apps Run The World's vendor database, and annual survey results including vendor feedback.
Degreed Revenue Breakdown By Type, $M:
|Type||License||Services||Hardware||Support & Maintenance||SaaS|
|% of Total Revenues||Subscribe||Subscribe||Subscribe||Subscribe||Subscribe|
Degreed Enterprise Applications Revenues By Functional Markets, $M:
Degreed Enterprise Applications Revenues By Verticals, $M:
Degreed Revenues By Region, $M
|Region||% of Total Revenues||2018 Total Revenues, $M||2018 Enterprise Applications Revenues, $M||2018 Cloud Applications Revenues, $M|
Degreed Direct vs Indirect sales
|Region||Direct Sales||Indirect Sales||Total|
Degreed Customers - Breakdown by Geo, Size, Vertical and Product
No. of Degreed Customers: 250
No. of Degreed Enterprise Applications Customers: 250
No. of Degreed Cloud Customers: 4 million
No. of Degreed Cloud Subscribers: 4 million
Degreed has a client base of more than 250 organizations, over 4 million licensed users, and nearly $100 million in funding. Its customers are Unilever, Cisco Systems, AthenaHealth, BMO Financial Group, Hyatt Hotels, and others.
Degreed Market Opportunities, M&A and Geo Expansions
In the last 12 months, Degreed has seen 100% year-over-year growth — for the fourth straight year! — tripled the size of sales and client service teams, merged and integrated largest competitor, Pathgather, and signed on nearly 100 new clients. In October 2017 TJ Williams, Head of Sales, Americas at Dropbox and Google for Work, has joined the company as Chief Sales Officer. After three months, Williams added to Degreed dozens of new companies to their client list including Unilever, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Booz Allen Hamilton, Ameriprise, and Capgemini, among others. Also the company is planning to hire another 100 people for a total of 250 employees by the end of this year, with many of them joining the San Francisco office.
Degreed Risks and Challenges
Degreed's stated goal of balance - or controlled growth - may be anathema to the grow-at-all-costs culture of San Francisco startups including Degreed. But then again, Degreed, which has attracted high-caliber investors like Mark Cuban, may have a fair amount of runway to perfect its product strategy before sales take over.
Degreed Ecosystem, Partners, Resellers and SI
In March 2017, Degreed partnered with Bridge by Instructure, a leading learning management system for businesses. Through this partnership, Bridge, Instructure's innovative and engaging e-learning solution, will be integrated with the Degreed platform, providing companies with enhanced visibility into all of the learning that takes place among their employees and enabling them to make better-informed decisions about people's learning and career development. Employees gain easy access to the learning materials within the Bridge system, in addition to Degreed's library of more than 3 million courses, videos, and articles from nearly 1,400 sources. The alliance also enables learning and development leaders to gain complete, real-time insights into employees' interests, preferences, and developmental opportunities, while automatically tracking course completion and reflecting all activity on an individual's Degreed profile.
Degreed Cloud Infrastructure Insights
Subscribe to read more about:
- Degreed Public Cloud and Infrastructure (IaaS)
- Degreed Platform (PaaS)
- Degreed Application Delivery
- Degreed Private Cloud and Data Centers
Data used in research reports are derived from publicly available documents, continuous surveys of applications vendors, customers, resellers, Independent Software Vendors, systems integrators and other verifiable sources.
Vendor shares and market forecast results are based on a combination of existing databases as well as demand side and supply side research conducted throughout the year with validation from vendors, customers, channel partners and documentations such as earnings releases and 10Q and 10K filings, vertical industry studies, regional and country-level statistics from public and private institutions(i.e. colleges, universities, government agencies and trade associations).
For additional information on our methodologies, here's the link:https://www.appsruntheworld.com/About Us
Copyright © 2019, APPS RUN THE WORLD