About the Customer
Generali France is today one of the leading insurers in France. The turnover of the company, whose establishment in France dates back to 1832, reached 11.9 billion euros in 2017. Generali France relies on more than 10,000 employees and general agents to offer solutions insurance to 8.3 million customers, individuals or beneficiaries of guarantees in the context of their activity, as well as 800,000 businesses and professionals.
Scope and Challenges
Generali focuses on digital transformation. Along the way, they created a Competence Center in this area to accelerate the adoption and deployment of these technologies in the group.
The insurer is launching in France in flagship projects of artificial intelligence with IBM, as part of its transformation program "Excellence 2022" initiated in 2017. In favor of the rise of the phygital that combines relationship between a Physical adviser and digital services to optimize the quality of services offered to customers and insurance intermediaries, he intends to combine the two worlds.
Outcome and Implications
IBM Watson Artificial Intelligence is used in several digital applications created by the Generali France Artificial Intelligence Competence Center, including:
A "Letizia" virtual assistant for Generali France advisers: "Letizia" enables Generali France's 700 general agents to respond more accurately and quickly to the requests of their end customers regarding car or home insurance. The augmented intelligence solution, available since April 2018, is based on IBM Watson Virtual Assistant technology available on IBM Cloud. Generali France plans to extend the scope to brokers by the end of 2018, then to use "Letizia" to support the underwriting process by the first half of 2019.
· A virtual voice assistant(voicebot) to improve the customer experience through a new way of interacting, based on voice and natural language. Powered by IBM Watson, and using Zaion's voice recognition solution, the voicebot transforms client (voice) calls into text, and IBM Watson understands the intent and provides the answer. This voicebot is currently available to home insurance customers distributed by Generali France's salaried sales consultants. Since its availability in July 2018, the voicebot delivers more than 350 home insurance certificates each week, of which 60% of the certificates are entirely made via the interactive voice server. The remaining 40% - for specific requests - are finalized by human managers. Since the beginning of October 2018,
· A conversational agent named "Leo" for Generali France customers and prospects. This offer is based on IBM Watson Virtual Assistant. It will be used to present Generali France's offers and answer customers' recurring questions about their insurance contracts via the generali.fr website . It is currently in pilot phase for 170 voluntary customers of Generali France, who have applied via a co-creation platform. The scope will be extended to all Generali France employees by October 12, then to all customers and prospects by the end of 2018.
Artificial intelligence projects are already in production and are receiving positive feedback from customers and employees/advisors.
"The talents of artificial intelligence are highly sought after and we believe that this skills center offers them the diversity of challenges they are looking for because it invests in all insurance activities - cars, homes, health, savings, natural events. ... - throughout an insurance customer journey where the link between digital experience and physical advice is a major issue, "said David Wassong, Head of Artificial Intelligence at Generali France.
"The Generali France and IBM project around AI illustrates the current transformation of the business of insurers / banks which is based on 3 pillars: an open IA platform, assets / accelerators to deploy the use cases while reducing the costs, and a special focus on the skills and talents needed to ensure successful adoption of the solutions. "-said Jean-Philippe Desbiolles, AI Vice President at IBM France. Extensive transformation programs, combined with Watson and Cloud technologies, are powerful assets to help Generali France realize concrete projects to better serve its customers.
|Vendor||Old Product||New Product||Function||Market||Users||VAR/SI||When||Live|
|IBM||Legacy Applications||IBM Watson||AI Platform||Artificial Intelligence||n/a||Direct||2017||2017|
|Subscribe||Subscribe||Subscribe||Human Capital Management||HCM||Subscribe||Subscribe||2017||2017|
|First Name||Last Name||Title||Phone|
|Subscribe||Subscribe||Chief Information Security Officer||Subscribe||Subscribe|
|Subscribe||Subscribe||Chief Operating Officer||Subscribe||Subscribe|